Support Desk Specialist - Milwaukee
Summary: Be an active partner to manage a business relationship with clients. Provide a high level of quality service on a wide variety of hardware and software systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage in the monitoring, analysis, and management of server and workstation health. This includes reviewing System logs, Disk Space Utilization, Processor and Memory Utilization, as well as Patch, Backup, and AntiThreat measures.
- Engage in setup, analysis, and troubleshooting tasks related to basic Information Technology hardware and software. This may include navigating an end user through installation of drivers, software, customization of system settings, and resolution of end user issues.
- Perform remote administrative maintenance on client machines.
- Engage in basic network protocol configuration and analysis. This includes identification and diagnosis of basic network connectivity issues, and set up of workstations and other devices to participate on the client network.
- Identify and refer more complex issues to a higher level, ensuring appropriate knowledge transfer and smooth transition.
- Engage in basic network administration tasks, such as the creation, modification, and maintenance of user accounts, mailboxes, etc. This will be completed under the direct guidance and supervision of a Support Desk Specialist II or Support Desk Engineer.
- Engage in setup, analysis, and repair of server and infrastructure devices under the direct guidance and supervision of a Support Desk Specialist II or Support Desk Engineer.
- Assist and participate in the configuration and deployment of complex network projects under the direct guidance and supervision of a Support Desk Engineer.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects data and researches products; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Understands work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Client Service – Anticipates and responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Can manage difficult or emotional situations.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Initiative - Volunteers regularly; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from an accredited two-year college/technical school or six months+ supporting a Microsoft network environment (Windows 2003/2008/2012 domains) with centralized management for hardware, software and backup processes.
Please submit your cover letter and resume below.
River Run Computers is an equal opportunity employer.