Network Administrator/Systems Engineer - Milwaukee
- Three years’ experience in technical position dealing with equipment/software in the River Run Computers’ product range. Microsoft certification highly desired, but not a requirement
Required Skills (consideration will be given to any combination of the following):
- Strong understanding of core Microsoft Active Directory functions, roles, and management
- Microsoft Active Directory migration (Windows 2003-2008, 2012)
- Microsoft Exchange Migration (2003-2007, 2010)
- Time and project management
- Client communication (written and oral)
- General knowledge of networking concepts (TCP/IP, routing, switching)
- General hardware knowledge for HP workstations and servers
- General knowledge of firewall management and implementation concepts
- Project design and implementation
- Ability to describe complex technical objective to non-technical resources
- General knowledge with VPN and remote access solutions
- Ability to perform in unsupervised capacity and maintain required time tracking and billing responsibilities
- Strong virtualization technology knowledge specifically in VMware implementation
- Strong networking knowledge (certification) in networking/routing concepts in Cisco or HP
- Strong firewall knowledge (certification): Cisco or SonicWall preferred
- Strong virtualization experience/certification (VMware)
- Wireless site survey/implementation in both small and larger scale deployments
- Microsoft Small Business Server migration (2003-2008, 2011)
- Microsoft Group Policy design and implementation
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL maintenance and management operations
- Corporate anti-virus remediation solutions
- System backup and disaster recovery solutions
- Cloud computing solutions (Office 365, Google Apps)
- Remote system monitoring/management solutions
- SAN storage solutions
- Implementation/management of remote desktop solutions, including Microsoft Remote Desktop Server and/or Citrix mobility solutions
River Run Computers is currently looking for additional staff at the Systems Engineer level. Ideal candidates for this position must be able to demonstrate strong knowledge/abilities to perform Microsoft Windows based software and operating system migrations and implementations. Systems Engineer candidates must be able to work in unsupervised environments to achieve and exceed client goals and expectations. Strong technical and interpersonal skills are necessary.
The Systems Engineer position is a field position and a valid driver’s license is required for employment.
Please submit your cover letter and resume below.
River Run Computers is an equal opportunity employer.