Are you interested in working with River Run Computers as a Systems Administrator? We are currently hiring for this position to be an active partner to manage a business relationship with our clients. This position will provide a high level of quality service on a wide variety of hardware and software systems. He/she will provide support to junior technology staff of River Run Computers.
For full job description, please click more.
Summary: Be an active partner to manage a business relationship with clients. Provide a high level of quality service on a wide variety of hardware and software systems. Provides support to junior technology staff of River Run Computers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Engage in and oversee the monitoring, analysis, and management of server and workstation health, including review of System logs, Disk Space Utilization, Processor and Memory Utilization, as well as Patch, Backup, and AntiThreat measures.
- Engage in setup, analysis, and troubleshooting tasks related to basic and intermediate Information Technology hardware and software, including installation or replacement of hardware components, cabling, peripherals, drivers, software, customization of system settings, and resolution of end user issues. This will involve the lifting, handling, and transport of equipment as necessary.
- Engage in basic and intermediate network protocol configuration and analysis, including identification and diagnosis of network connectivity, name resolution issues, and basic routing issues, as well as set up of mission critical devices to participate on the client network.
- Engage in and oversee basic and intermediate network administration tasks, such as the creation, modification, and maintenance of user accounts, mailboxes, printers, group policy, network security, etc.
- Oversee the management and administration of RSVP client networks as designated.
- Assist the Support Desk as needed in the handling and resolution of escalated issues.
- Participate as auxiliary Support Desk staff as necessary, assisting users in resolving problems through discussion and diagnosis.
- Identify and refer more complex issues to a higher level, ensuring appropriate knowledge transfer and smooth transition.
- Engage in setup, analysis, and repair of server and infrastructure devices under the direct guidance and supervision of a Systems Engineer of any rank.
- Assist and participate in the configuration and deployment of complex network projects under the direct guidance and supervision of a Systems Engineer of any rank.
- Engage in regular, active, and effective communication with clients as well as staff members.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects data and researches products; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Understands work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses both organizational and own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Client Service – Anticipates and responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Can manage difficult or emotional situations.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Initiative - Volunteers regularly; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or better from an accredited college or technical school or three years+ of related experience in a Microsoft network environment (Windows 2003/2008/2012 domains) with centralized management for hardware, software and backup processes. Knowledge of fault-tolerance schemes and disaster recovery is preferred.
Must have a reliable car and valid insurance.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Certificates and Licenses:
Every Systems Administrator will be expected to hold at minimum a basic competency certificate in Windows Server Administration, such as the Windows Server Administration Exam or equivalent internal certification as designated by River Run Computers, and a basic competency certificate in Network Administration, such as the Network + Exam or equivalent internal certification, as designated by River Run Computers.
Every candidate will be required upon appointment to demonstrate a mastered proficiency in designated River Run Core Products and Procedures as stipulated in the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document within a time frame to be established between the candidate and his or her respective supervisor. In the recognition that the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document will periodically be refreshed as a result of the inevitable changes and advances in Information Technology, each Systems Administrator will be required to update their proficiencies as the standard is updated, within a timeframe to be established between the candidate and his or her respective supervisor.
- Windows Desktop Administration
- Windows Server Administration
- Mastery of Basic TCP/IP Skills
- Foundational Understanding of DNS
- Foundational Understanding of Routing
- Foundational Understanding of Firewalls
- Proficiency with Backup, Patch Management, and AntiThreat Technologies
- Active Directory User and Object Management
- Microsoft Exchange Mailbox & Client Management
- Messaging Systems Spam Management
- Foundational Understanding of Wireless Technologies
- Foundational Understanding of Messaging Systems
- Foundational Understanding of Virtual Technologies
- Foundational Understanding of Remote Access Technologies
Please submit your cover letter and resume below.
River Run Computers is an equal opportunity employer.