River Run is currently hiring for a Systems Engineer to join our technical team. The ideal candidate will be able to provide a high level of quality service on a wide variety of hardware and software systems. This position is also able to offer support to junior technology staff at River Run Computers.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please click Read More below.
Summary: Be an active partner to manage a business relationship with clients. Provide a high level of quality service on a wide variety of hardware and software systems. Provides support to junior technology staff of River Run Computers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
- Engage in and oversee the monitoring, analysis, and management of network health, including reviewing of System logs, Disk Space Utilization, Processor and Memory Utilization, as well as Patch, Backup, and AntiThreat measures. Perform advanced diagnostic testing.
- Engage in basic, intermediate, and advanced network protocol configuration and analysis, including identification and diagnosis of network connectivity, name resolution issues, and basic and intermediate routing issues, as well as set up mission critical devices and troubleshooting of network performance issues.
- Engage in and oversee basic, intermediate, and advanced network administration tasks, including user and mail system maintenance, group policy, network security, etc.
- Oversee the management and administration of RSVP client networks.
- Assist the Support Desk and Technical Field Staff as needed in the handling and resolution of escalated issues.
- Identify and refer more complex issues to a specialist, ensuring appropriate knowledge transfer and smooth transition
- Engage in and oversee the setup, analysis, and repair of server and infrastructure devices.
- Engage in and oversee the design and implementation of basic and intermediate network projects.
- Assist and participate in the design, configuration, and implementation of complex network projects under the direct guidance and supervision of a Sr. Systems Engineer.
- Facilitate the Sales Staff in the understanding, development, and presentation of technology proposals, including attendance at meetings as well as drafting and presentation of written reports.
- Engage in regular, active, and effective communication with clients as well as staff members.
- Engage in the training and development of Support Desk and Technical Field Staff.
- Engage in setup, analysis, and troubleshooting tasks related to basic, intermediate, and advanced Information Technology hardware and software configurations, including installation or replacement of hardware components, cabling, peripherals, drivers, software, customization of system settings, and resolution of end user issues. This will involve the lifting, handling, and transport of equipment as necessary.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects data and researches products; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Understands work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Technical Skills - Assesses both organizational and own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
- Client Service – Anticipates and responds promptly to customer needs; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments; Can manage difficult or emotional situations.
- Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Team Work - Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Initiative - Volunteers regularly; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Strategic Thinking - Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals; Understands organization's strengths & weaknesses; Identifies external threats and opportunities; Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a respectful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Associate's degree (A. A.) or better from an accredited college or technical school or three years+ of related experience in a Microsoft network environment (Windows 2003/2008/2012 domains) with centralized management for hardware, software and backup processes. Knowledge of fault-tolerance schemes and disaster recovery is preferred.
Must have a reliable car and valid insurance.
The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 25 pounds, sometimes lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Certificates and Licenses:
Every Systems Engineer will be expected to demonstrate at minimum an Administration-level competency in Windows, and an Administration-level competency in network infrastructure technologies.
A candidate for the position of Systems Engineer who holds an Administration-level competency certification in network infrastructure, such as the Cisco Certified Network Associate, may demonstrate competency in Windows Server Administration through successful attainment of the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator certification or equivalent internal certification as designated by River Run Computers.
A candidate for the position of Systems Engineer who holds an Administration-level competency certification in Windows networking technologies, such as the Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator certification or equivalent, may demonstrate Administration-level competency in network infrastructure through successful completion of the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification, or equivalent internal certification as designated by River Run Computers.
Every candidate will be required upon appointment to demonstrate a mastered proficiency in designated River Run Core Products and Procedures as stipulated in the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document within a timeframe to be established between the candidate and his or her respective supervisor. In the recognition that the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document will periodically be refreshed as a result of the inevitable changes and advances in Information Technology, each Systems Engineer will be required to update their proficiencies as the standard is updated, within a timeframe to be established between the candidate and his or her respective supervisor.
A candidate who has attained an Administration-level competency certification in Windows networking technologies, or network infrastructure technologies which is no longer current may be waived at the discretion of River Run Computers if the candidate demonstrates the requisite proficiencies to fulfill the role. Said candidate will remain subject to the requirement to adhere to the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document as previously stipulated.
A candidate who has attained an Administration-level competency certification in an alternative Operating Systems technology, such as Linux, Novell, Macintosh, Unix, etc., may be waived from the requirement for a Windows networking technologies certification if the candidate demonstrates the requisite proficiencies to fulfill the role. Said candidate will remain subject to the requirement to adhere to the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document as previously stipulated.
A candidate who demonstrates a mastered proficiency in a designated business-critical application such as SQL, Citrix, Sharepoint, etc., may be waived from one or more or the “Specific Skills” requirements as listed below, at the discretion of River Run Computers, if the candidate demonstrates the requisite proficiencies to fulfill the role. Said candidate will remain subject to the requirement to adhere to the “Required Proficiencies By Role” document as previously stipulated.
- Proficiency in Windows Server Administration
- Strong TCP/IP Skills
- Thorough Understanding of DNS
- Proficiency in Basic Routing, Switching, WAN, VPN, and other infrastructure technologies
- Proficiency in Designated Firewall Technologies
- Thorough knowledge of Backup, Patch Management, and AntiThreat Technologies
- Proficiency in Active Directory Configuration, Troubleshooting and Maintenance
- Proficiency in Microsoft Exchange Administration
- Foundational Understanding of Macintosh and Linux Networking
- Proficiency In Messaging Systems Spam Management
- Foundational Understanding of MultiPlatform Networks
- Proficiency and Adaptability to a broad array of applications
- Proficiency In Designated Wireless Technologies
- Proficiency In Designated Messaging Systems
- Proficiency In Designated Virtual Technologies
- Proficiency In Designated Remote Access Technologies
- Experience In Systems Design, Planning, and Implementation