Chat. Call. Video. All in Google Hangouts!
Now it is easier to hold meetings through an app than it is to coordinate all parties into one building. With the use of Google Hangout, holding meetings or chatting with friends is simple. Google Hangouts is a free video chat service from Google that enables both one-onone chats and group chats with up to ten people at a time.
What you can do with Hangouts
- Send Hangout messages: You can start a Hangout with only one person or have a group chat with several people.
- Make video calls: You can have face-to-face video calls with up to 9 other people.
- Make phone calls: Almost all calls you make to the U.S. and Canada are free from all countries where Hangouts calling is available. A few U.S. and Canadian destinations will cost 1 cent per minute (USD), or the listed rate for your local currency. Calling isn't available to all locations.
- Send text messages: You can send text messages using Hangouts with your Android device or your Google Voice phone number.
- Share photos, locations, and stickers: You can share photos, stickers, and emoji in conversations. On mobile devices, you can also share your location with other people.
In addition to video chatting, Google Hangouts users can share documents, scratchpads, images and YouTube videos with other users. Google Hangouts also offers a "Hangouts on Air" feature for broadcasting live video conversations that are accessible to anyone with a web browser. The quality of the calls will vary with the strength of the connection; a strong Wi-Fi connection will have the video chat working very well.
Download the app and get started with friends and co-workers! You will find it easy and fun to use with other Google + members as well as hold company meetings and chat sessions!