The hot summer weather can be great for outdoor activities, but it also puts your smart phone at risk for overheating. Overheating is a serious risk when the weather is hot outside and it can permanently damage or destroy your phone's battery and components.
Here are some tips to keeping your phones cool during the hot weather:
- Do not leave your phone in the sun. Keep it covered or hidden from the sun's strong rays.
- Turn off background apps such as Bluetooth, location services and Wi-Fi even if they aren't in active use. These small applications can make a difference if your phone is already warm.
- Remove your phone from its case. If your phone is warm to the touch, remove the cover so that it is not so insulated.
- If you are not using your phone, turn it off. This will keep the battery from overheating when not in use.
- Avoid playing games or using it for directions. Both games and navigation use a lot of processor power and can produce more heat.
- Don't leave your phone or electronics in a car. Even if they are not in the sun, cars can heat up fast. Make sure to take your electronics with you.
- Try not to charge your phone when it is already overheated. This will only add stress to the phone. Wait to charge your phone in a cooler area.
If your phone does become overheated, do not put it in extreme cold conditions such as a freezer. Rushing the cooling process could cause internal condensation and water damage.
Enjoy your time in the sun, but keep your phone from getting too hot!
Want more tips and tricks? Contact us today!