How many times have you been in a hurry and wished you could exit out of all your applications at once? Well now you can with Close All Windows, a small tool that runs as an .exe file so you don't have to install it. Here's how:
- Download the zip file from this site Close All Windows (scroll to the bottom for the download).
- Extract the files to a folder on your computer.
- Open the extracted folder, right click CloseAll.exe and select Send To, then Desktop (create shortcut).
- On the desktop, right click the new shortcut and rename it "Close All" or whatever name you choose.
- Drag the shortcut to your Quick Launch bar if you prefer.
- To close all open programs, click the shortcut.
The site referenced above shows screenshots of these steps and also includes instructions for excluding specific programs so they won't be closed by Close All.